Personal Style: Cool as a Culotte
Culottes have made a comeback in a big way in 2017. And who can blame them? They're stylish as hell. The new, loose cropped trousers are here to stay and in a variety of forms. From different colors, patterns, and textures, these pantalones are just getting snazzier and quickly becoming the go-to pant of your neighborhood cool girl. But how do you wear culottes? Countless ways actually! So rest assured, if you invest in a pair of trendy culottes, you will not be left astray.
Below are some points to consider when picking out a pair of culottes.
1. Bright Colors or Calming Neutrals?
- Colors can be a great way to highlight your chosen pair of culottes.
- When in doubt, stick with solid neutrals like black, grey, and khaki.
Fleur Silk Culotte - available @ Gingerly Witty
2. Stripes: Elegant & Elongating
- Vertical stripes are a great trick for elongating your figure.
- Plus, there's nothing more elegant than a classic stripe.
Source Not Found
3. Experiment with Different Fabrics & Textured Elements
- In the pictures we see examples of both leather and a wool culotte. This is a particularly cutting edge approach to the trend. A pleated culotte is also an fashionable option.
4. Heels or Flats?
- Both! Though I'd steer clear of any boot higher than a Chelsea boot. Strappy sandals for summer days or a 90s clunky heel for a night out downtown work great!
5. Classic Structured Pairing Pieces
- When in doubt, pair your culottes with tailored pieces featuring details like button-down fronts and collars.
Source Not Found
6. Crop it Off
- Crop tops go great with culottes.
7. But seriously, they're just like pants
- Almost every type of top goes with culottes - basic tees, skin-tight one-pieces, or a silk cami. I could carry on, but I digress. Culottes are simply awesome.